[LAD] Non Session Management

Diego Simak diego.simak at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 21:39:21 UTC 2012

Thank you, I will try to bite the source code ;-)

I want to say that I was trying NSM yesterday and I'm very impressed by
it's simplicity and (a no minor point) it's desing from the graphical point
of view.
I want to say that I'm very impressed by the thoroughness of the documentation,
something that I always admire.

>From the **USER** point of view I had tried Jack Session and LASH (a long
time ago when it was a requirement with FST) and by now NSM (a bit hasty
decision) is in the 1st place.

Maybe now it's the time that people involved in LAD (I'm just a user with a
little code experience, but I can help in any way) just try to
document the advantages
and disadvantages about Jack-session, LASH, LADISH, Scripts, NSM in
http://jackaudio.org/persistent_connections, or maybe in the Jack Wiki just
like the Jack1 and Jack2 comparison document that was included some time
ago.

I think that it could help devs and users as well to get a picture of the
current Session Managment world in JACK.

Thanks for this great peace of software.

Diego