[LAD] How do I add threadirqs as a default boot parameter for a linux kernel not editing boot configs?

Kaj Ailomaa ailomaa at warpmail.net
Mon May 7 12:31:40 UTC 2012

On 05/07/2012 11:27 AM, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
> On 05/07/12 04:14, Diego Simak wrote:
>> Hi, sorry but I don't really know how to do this, I don't know even if it
>> is possible, I mean, just enable threadirq option using kernel parameters
>> only.
>>
>> Maybe some other people can put a light on this for both of us;-)
>>
>> have fun
>> Diego
>
> You could try adding a built-in kernel command string (Processor type
> and features - Built-in kernel command line). Never tried this so not
> sure if it works.

Had a look at that using menuconfig, and it was simple enough. First
enable the "Built-in kernel command line", after which you need to use
the "+" key to add a field for your argument(s).

The result in the config file was..

CONFIG_CMDLINE_BOOL=y
CONFIG_CMDLINE="threadirqs"
# CONFIG_CMDLINE_OVERRIDE is not set