[LAD] SMPTE and jackd

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue May 8 14:30:40 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-05-08 at 10:11 -0400, Egor Sanin wrote:
> I know there's MTC code in xjadeo (and qtractor or some other DAWs, I
> think), but I want a standalone console tool.  Admittedly, I haven't
> looked at xjadeo code in detail, I'm trying to wrap my head around the
> concepts first.

Using MTC with different Linux software and different external hardware
sometimes doesn't work or only works if one is slave and the other is
master, but it won't work vice versa. An issue that also sometimes
happened in the 80s without Linux. Anything that will support more
reliable MTC and perhaps will make Linux sequencers without audio tracks
capable of being a SMPTE slave, is welcome :).

It would be nice if we could sync apps and anyway could use loop play.

Regards,
Ralf