[LAD] SMPTE and jackd

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri May 11 08:57:38 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-05-11 at 10:24 +0200, Jens M Andreasen wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-05-11 at 07:34 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > That's why
> > Paul explained it (to us/me) and he's right.
>
> No, that's crap ... "Many" (which one?) is not equal to ALL. Just
> because some idiot hired gun working for a no-name-brand couldn't be
> bothered, does not mean the whole world is condemned to doing things the
> wrong way. Trash that machine or use it as a doorstop ...
>
> ;-)

For the last days I was to much in the Internet, so I won't attach a
long list and btw., I don't remember exactly all machines and won't test
it now. However, some of the no-name-crap comes from Dave Smith.

"MIDI Time Code
In addition, the Studio 440 is the first sampler or sequencer to
incorporate the new MIDI Time Code, a protocol that encodes SMPTE and
sends it over MIDI for use in cue or event lists. Now it is possible to
cue punch in/punch out recording by bar number, or with sub frame
resolution by programming to SMPTE Time Code. You can even selectively
pre trigger external synthesizers to compensate for their internal
timing delays. The Studio 440's capabilities will be further enhanced
when used in conjunction with forthcoming librarian, editing, and post
production software packages by companies such as Digidesign, Hybrid
Arts, Dr. T's Music Software, and Opcode." -
http://siliciumalpha.chez.com/Analog/studio-440/studio-440-infos.htm

If you should own this crap, please give it to me. I don't own it, just
a friend does.

>From 2008:
http://www.linux-archive.org/64-studio-user/178162-ultimate-mtc-test-take-1-a.html

 - Ralf