[LAD] IR: LV2 Convolution Reverb and ambisonics

Sat May 12 22:11:53 UTC 2012

On 01/13/2011 10:37 AM, Tom Szilagyi wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Standing on the shoulders of giants[*], I am pleased to announce the
> public release of IR, a convolution reverb in the LV2 plugin format.
> Released as free software under the GNU GPL, this easy to use plugin
> has been created to open the fascinating world of convolution reverb
> to Linux-based audio engineers. If you use Ardour to create, mix&
> produce music, you will most probably want to check out this plugin.

It is a great addition Tom, I'm packaging it in Planet CCRMA now.

I'm trying to see what is the best way to convert the plugin so that it
can deal with first order ambisonics impulse responses. Those are four
channels wide (ie: four convolutions, one for each of the four incoming
channels - W X Y Z).

I managed to get it to work by creating ir-amb.cc, ir-amb_gui.cc, etc,
etc. And changing your code to have the required number of ports, etc.
It does work, except that my simple minded rewrite breaks down if I try
to instantiate a normal IR plugin in addition to the IR-AMB (how I named
the "new" plugin). In that case the second instance (order does not
matter) bugs out with:

(ardour-2.8.12:14284): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: cannot register existing
type `IRWaveDisplay'
etc (same for IRModeInd and IRMeter, all the gui classes I did not
duplicate).

I can have multiple instances of either, but not mixed (well, I can, it
is just that opening the gui for the second does not work and crashes
the rest).

Knowing nothing about all the components involved I need some help... I
can supply or post the patch if needed (I presume it is some simple gtk
thingy I need to add to the code).

-- Fernando