[LAD] New SVN version of LV2:AVW - Crashes Ingen

Emanuel Rumpf xbran at web.de
Tue May 15 20:35:50 UTC 2012

2012/5/15 Aurélien Leblond <blablack at gmail.com>:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have been trying to use GDB to debug this issue.
> Problem is, as the program crashing is Ingen, I get the information as to
> where it crashes in Ingen, not where the problem lies in my plugin.
>
> Would anybody have any ideas as to how to tacke this issue?

If the plugin runs in a different process,
it may be necessary to attach that process to gdb.
Don't forget to compile with debug enabled.

<<
(gdb) help attach
Attach to a process or file outside of GDB.
This command attaches to another target, of the same type as your last
"target" command ("info files" will show your target stack).
The command may take as argument a process id or a device file.
For a process id, you must have permission to send the process a signal,
and it must have the same effective uid as the debugger.
When using "attach" with a process id, the debugger finds the
program running in the process, looking first in the current working
directory, or (if not found there) using the source file search path
(see the "directory" command).  You can also use the "file" command
to specify the program, and to load its symbol table.
<<

--
E.R.