[LAD] [ANN] QmidiNet 0.1.2 released!
Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc.org
Tue May 22 11:25:45 UTC 2012
A pretty old and terribly overdue JACK MIDI crash bug as been fixed.
Hopefully at last. Ones who've been using the ALSA-MIDI (aka. ALSA
Sequencer) interface exclusively don't need to worry. All the rest
please apply ;)
QmidiNet 0.1.2 released!
QmidiNet  is a MIDI network gateway application that sends and
receives MIDI data (ALSA-MIDI and JACK-MIDI) over the network, using
UDP/IP multicast. Inspired by multimidicast  and designed to be
compatible with ipMIDI  for Windows.
- source tarballs:
- source package (openSUSE 12.1):
- binary packages (openSUSE 12.1):
Weblog (upstream support):
QmidiNet is free, open-source software, distributed under the terms
of the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2 or later.
- JACK MIDI in-bound buffering was originally flawed and often the cause
for severe random crashes, mostly due to memory corruption, now
- Changed order of JACK MIDI and UDP socket initialization, hoping the
later is always owned by the current genuine process.
- JACK MIDI interface were sinking all incoming events into the the
first port, now fixed (heads up from Chris Goddard, thanks).
- Make(ing) -jN parallel builds now available for the masses.
- Fixed Makefile.in handling of installation directories to the
configure script eg. --datadir.
- Main context menu simple no-brainer reordering.
 QmidiNet - A MIDI Network Gateway via UDP/IP Multicast
 multimidicast - sends and receives MIDI from ALSA sequencers over
 ipMIDI - MIDI over Ethernet ports - send MIDI over your LAN
Cheers && Enjoy
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
More information about the Linux-audio-dev