[LAD] Proposals for JACK

Nikita Zlobin cook60020tmp at mail.ru
Wed May 23 21:21:11 UTC 2012

В Wed, 23 May 2012 09:40:47 -0400
Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:

> What is the use case for "Waiting wheel. ?"

Just a way to prevent

> It it true that I skipped over the proposal for dynamic/on-the-fly
> backend switching. This has already been discussed and yes, it would
> be great to add it. Torben did this for his "tschak" implementation.
> Its another example of something that needs to be done, not discussed.

Not just a backend. In my ideas sound card is not a backend, but just a
same client, as ardour, zynaddsubfx, etc. And any of them could serve
as clock source. E.g., if it is needed to load some project just for
mixdown, sequencer could be such source, and so - no cards is needed,
even dummy source.