[LAD] Plugin buffer size restrictions

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Mon May 28 10:52:55 UTC 2012

On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 06:33:25PM -0400, David Robillard wrote:

> > Judging from the (quite limited) feedback I got on my report,
> > what you present as an inevitable quality of the whole LV2
> > project - things are 'designed' iteratively and as the result
> > of a lot of social interaction - is what scared off my customer.
>
> That's what FUD is meant to do.  It worked.

They are not that stupid. And they didn't need me to find
out the things they did not like: extensions being created
and then deprecated, extensions that 'exist' on some web
page but are implemented nowhere, tutorials that start with
saying that everything has changed and they should be ignored,
etc.

At one time, pointing out that the Catholic church maybe had
made some mistakes was 'blasphemy' and you could end up on
the stake. You seem to have a similar definition of 'fud' -
any statement that does not glorify the excellence of LV2
is immediately classified as such. Nothing new really.

> > This is not what you need if you want to launch a product in a
> > determined time and commit yourself to support it. An idealist
> > may do that, a company wanting to make a profit and survive for
> > some time won't.
>
> What you need is an API that actually does what you need.  Period

Which they already have. AFAIK it does all they need quite well.

Ciao,

--
FA