[LAD] Linux Audio 2012: Is Linux Audio moving forward?

harryhaaren at gmail.com harryhaaren at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 09:56:56 UTC 2012

On , Louigi Verona <louigi.verona at gmail.com> wrote:
> Would like to present an article I've written. Mostly wrote it to start a
> conversation and hear what others have to say on the subject.

> http://www.louigiverona.ru/?page=projects&s=writings&t=linux&a=linux_progress

Nice read, I'll mostly agree with you that although progress has been made,
there are still many "normal" workflows for electronic musicians that are
currently very difficult to set up to a satisfactory degree. On the plugin
front, there are some advancements that you missed out on: Faust can now
compile to LV2, so creating custom synths is a *lot* easier. Also Minaton
is a subtractive mono synth from Nick Bailey, which works quite well here.

I feel linux audio's progress is somewhat like being on a boat: when you
look at the coast it doesn't seem to go fast, but when looking at the water
beside you: one realizes the pace is quick :)
-Harry