[LAD] [LAU] Linux Audio 2012: Is Linux Audio moving forward?

John Rigg ladev2 at jrigg.co.uk
Thu Oct 11 19:11:15 UTC 2012

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 05:31:19PM +0400, Louigi Verona wrote:
> Speaking of hardware drivers, long time ago I wrote this article on
> E-MU 0404 USB:
> http://www.louigiverona.ru/?page=projects&s=writings&t=linux&a=linux_emu0404usb
>
> For a long time it was my mostly read article. Some people theorized
> that it is possible to make the soundcard working, but my tests have
> concluded
> that it is surely impossible without voodoo spells.
>
> Is there any system solution to these kind of things, when the specs are
> available,
> but nobody cares?

If it's a popular device shouldn't it be possible to organise the programming
equivalent of a "group buy" and get interested users to pay someone who knows
the necessary voodoo to get it working?

It might not be a case of "nobody cares", but that nobody can afford to drop
their paid work for long enough to look at the problem.

John