[LAD] JACK on Raspberry Pi

Parisson lists at parisson.com
Fri Sep 14 10:39:29 UTC 2012

Hi!

I'm trying to get JACK working on this great tiny box:

pi at raspberrypi ~ $ jackd -dalsa
jackdmp 1.9.9
Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
Copyright 2004-2012 Grame.
jackdmp comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
JACK server starting in realtime mode with priority 10
Cannot lock down 82274202 byte memory area (Cannot allocate memory)
Bus error

As ALSA is OK (i.e. aplay is playing good) and RAM=192M, is there any JACK
parameter I could tune in to reduce the memory size lock?

This pb seems unresolved yet:
http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=5787

Yomguy