[LAD] LCA2013 - Multimedia and Music miniconf call for papers

Jeremy Jongepier jeremy at autostatic.com
Tue Sep 18 18:47:45 UTC 2012

We are pleased to announce that linux.conf.au 2013 (LCA2013) will once again
include the Multimedia and Music miniconf.  LCA2013 will be held in
Canberra, Australia from 28 January to 2 February 2013, and the Multimedia
and Music miniconf provides an opportunity for produces and consumers of
multimedia and music content to meet and explore all aspects of production
and playback of music, audio and video on open-source platforms.

The Multimedia and Music miniconf call for papers is now open.  We would
love to see wide-ranging proposals from across the FOSS multimedia and music
community:
  - from developers of open-source multimedia and music software, discussing
    new and upcoming features, clever solutions to problems or interesting
    ideas they are exploring
  - from users who have built up a workflow which they want to share
  - from anyone who is doing awesome things with open-source audio and video
    software that they want to tell the world about

Presentation slots of 20 and 50 minutes (plus 5 minutes question time) will
be available, with the number of 50 minute talks being determined by the
number of proposals received.  Past Multimedia and Music miniconfs have
featured both user-focused tutorials and talks aimed at developers; please
browse our past miniconf websites to see the diverse range of presentations
we have had in the past:
  * http://www.annodex.org/events/lca2013_mmm/#previous

To submit a proposal please email your proposal to one of the organisers as
described on our "Call for papers" page at:
   http://www.annodex.org/events/lca2013_mmm/pmwiki.php/Main/CallForPapers

The call for papers is open-ended but priority will be given to those who
submit proposals prior to 30 October 2012.

For more information about the Multimedia and Music miniconf please contact
either Jonathan Woithe (jwoithe at atrad.com.au) or Silvia Pfeiffer
(silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com).