[LAD] jack ringbuffer usage

Adrian Knoth adi at drcomp.erfurt.thur.de
Mon Apr 8 13:49:28 UTC 2013

On Mon, Apr 08, 2013 at 03:16:13PM +0200, Raphaël BOLLEN wrote:

> >>It's yet another audio file player. My main interest (apart from
> >>playing audio :-) ) is that it makes permanent connections to jack
> >>instead of connecting / disconnecting when changing audio files.
> >
> >My 4deckradio does exactly this, though I'm not sure it fits the bill,
> >since it's targeting radio DJs.
>
> Not really my use case but thanks for the link, I have it running
> here. How do you control the decks? mouse, key shortcuts, other?

You select a file and press play. You could also press F9 .. F12 to
start/stop the decks. Or you own a studio surface which sends joystick
button press/release events.

If you have a USB joystick, simply connect it. Press Button 1, and it
plays deck 1, release button 1, and it stops. Of course, you can also
press Buttons 1-4 simultaneously to have all four decks playing at the
same time. ;)

Selecting a new file while one is playing queues the new file. Press
stop or wait for the current one to finish to actually play it. (it's a
safety for radio stations, so they're not accidentally stopping the
current playback).

Same for stop: program only quits if you stop all four decks and then
press Ctrl+q. Well, the window-close button is a shortcut, but it
wouldn't be visible in fullscreen mode.

HTH

--
mail: adi at thur.de  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP/GPG: key via keyserver