[LAD] build troubles with gtklick

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Tue Apr 9 05:58:15 UTC 2013

On 04/08/2013 01:25 PM, Dominique Michel wrote:
> Le Mon, 08 Apr 2013 01:16:37 +0200,
> Jörn Nettingsmeier <nettings at stackingdwarves.net> a écrit :
>
>> hi dominic!
>>

>> first of all, thanks for sharing your tools - klick has saved the day
>> by adding a much-needed jack-transport aware metronome to a
>> sooperlooper setup.
>>
>> now i'm a lazy bastard and want to use gtklick, but even though it
>> compiles and installs fine, it barfs when i start is, like so:
>>
>> nettings at kleineronkel:/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gtklick>
>> gtklick Traceback (most recent call last):
>>     File "/usr/bin/gtklick", line 14, in <module>
>>       from gtklick.gtklick import GTKlick
>>     File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gtklick/gtklick.py", line
>> 30, in <module>
>>       import klick_backend
>>     File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gtklick/klick_backend.py",
>> line 12, in <module>
>>       import liblo
>> ImportError: /usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/liblo.so: undefined
>> symbol: lo_address_new_with_proto
>>

>> i have tried both liblo-0.26 and current liblo svn, no luck.
>>
>> now the python paths in this openSUSE tumbleweed install are a
>> horrible mess, with three different python versions and libs
>> in /usr/lib, /usr/lib64, and /usr/local/lib64. but they all seem to
>> be found, and i made sure that the liblo.so mentioned in the error
>> message is actually the one from your pyliblo package (by copying it
>> manually). i removed the build directory of pyliblo for each try, and
>> also recreated liblo.c via cython.
>>
>> how do i proceed to fix this?
>
> Here on gentoo, gtklick depend on klick with osc support. And liblo
> (liblo-0.26 here) is for osc support.
> Are you sure klick have osc support enabled?

yes. the problem might have been two different versions of liblo (one
from the distro (0.25 iirc), and latest svn in /usr/local. not normally
a problem, but apparently one was picked up during building and the
other at runtime, leading to that symbol error above. getting rid of the
duplicate liblo.so fixes the problem for me.

thanks to all who replied with insightful python tips,

jörn

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487

Tonmeister VDT

http://stackingdwarves.net