[LAD] Aeolus segmentation fault

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Sun Dec 1 11:12:21 UTC 2013

On Sun, Dec 01, 2013 at 11:51:48AM +0600, Zlobin Nikita wrote:

> It seems to be problem of gui, aeolus 0.8.4 and 0.9.0 both have this problem.
> Backtrace below is got using 0.9.0. First time i reported directly to Fons,
> but still no reply. Don't know, is it accepted at all for such things as bug
> reporting.

It's perfectly OK to do that (since there is no public bug tracker for Aeolus).
Sorry for not responding earlier to your message - it arrived at a moment when
I was already multitasking over my capabilities...

I can't reproduce this. And the error occurs quite deep into libfreetype, itself
called from libXft (i.e. at a point one could assume those libs have already
checked function arguments).

Could you try to obtain the function argements at these points:

> #6  0x00000039bd40a06a in XftTextExtentsUtf8 () from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-
and/or
> #7  0x00000039a840e7ff in X_textip::textwidth(int, int) () from

If these ar OK, the problem must be within libXft or libfreetype.

It was suggested to remove you presets file - this is a good thing
to try first.

Ciao,

--
FA