[LAD] Usb Audio Driver

Lucas Takejame lucas at takejame.com.br
Wed Dec 11 19:00:24 UTC 2013

Thanks for your response Ralf, our Arch is pretty much dedicated to audio
already, we maintained only the necessary to work as a LV2 host (this
script wouldn't do much actually) and the IRQ's are not shared, we are
using different USB hubs to prioritize audio, I think we did what we could
without changing code lines already, this is why I was asking about the
drivers haha.

2013/12/11 Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net>

> On Wed, 2013-12-11 at 14:31 -0200, Lucas Takejame wrote:
> > We are already using a RT-kernel and I guess we already did everything
> > we could do on OS changes to achieve a better latency. My doubt is if
> > I can change anything on the snd-usb driver to make it specific to our
> > sound card, aiming an improve in latency, since our pedalboard
> > (http://portalmod.com/en/index.html) has this sound card fixed and we
> > won't need a generic driver to the usb connection. I'm gonna send an
> > e-mail to the alsa-devel ML, thanks for the advices!
>

> Linux audio user might be a better place to ask first. Since you're
> using Arch, ArchAudio mailing list might be a good place too.
>
> Get rid of as much as you can and avoid shared IRQs. If I only need my
> RME card, sometimes I even disable the Envy24 MIDI interfaces.
>
> Often I don't use this script, because it doesn't really improve issues
> that much on my machine, but you never know and could try as much tuning
> as possible.
>
> Perhaps the links are still helpful, I don't know.
>
> [rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ cat /usr/local/sbin/tuning
> #!/bin/bash
>
> # /usr/local/sbin/tuning - Arch Linux
> # 2013/Apr/05
>
> ### http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/PCI_Latency
> ###
> http://wiki.linuxmusicians.com/doku.php?id=system_configuration#pci_bus_latency
>
> ### Bluetooth
> #service bluetooth stop
>
> ### Network
> #service network-manager stop
> #service networking stop # does cause serious issues
> #modprobe -r r8169 # Ethernet NIC driver
>
> ### TerraTec EWX 24/96
> #modprobe -r snd_ice1712
>
> ### Others
> modprobe -r firewire-ohci
> modprobe -r firewire_core
> #service cups stop
> modprobe -r ppdev # parallel port
> modprobe -r lp    # printer
>
> ### Unbinding devices
> echo -n "0000:00:13.2" > /sys/bus/pci/drivers/ohci_hcd/unbind
> echo -n "0000:00:13.4" > /sys/bus/pci/drivers/ohci_hcd/unbind
>
> ### Log file
> l="/var/log/tuning.log"
> #echo "$ lspci -v                       "  > $l
> #lspci -v                                 >> $l
> #echo                                     >> $l
> echo "# service rtirq status           "  > $l
> service rtirq status                     >> $l
> echo "# grep 18: /proc/interrupts"       >> $l
> grep 18: /proc/interrupts                >> $l
> echo                                     >> $l
> echo -n $(date)" - "$(uname -r)" - "     >> $l
> cat /etc/issue                           >> $l
> echo -e
> ; cat $l
>
> exit 0

Lucas Conejero Takejame
Engenharia Elétrica - ênfase em computação
Escola Politécnica - USP