[LAD] So what do you think sucks about Linux audio ?

David Robillard d at drobilla.net
Thu Feb 7 03:24:48 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-02-05 at 09:58 -0500, Dave Phillips wrote:
[...]
> So, in your honest and bold opinion as user and/or developer, what do we
> lack most and what can we do without that we already have ?

Well, post a thread about what people think sucks, and you'll get page
after page after page after page like we see here.

Post a thread asking for actual help on any of these things and I'd be
surprised if you get a single reply.

The one and only thing we lack is people doing constructive work.

> Please, try to speak your piece without flames or dissing other
> developers and/or their work. Frankly speaking, I've had enough of
> that crap, and I'm most thankful these days for such forum amenities
> as, "mute user" and autodiscard, along with the standard filters found
> in mail clients.

The only appropriate response to complainers.  We all complain
sometimes, but people who do nothing but complain are nothing but toxic.

I hope this thread didn't go that way, but I'm sure as hell not going to
read it to find out ;)

-dr