[LAD] So what do you think sucks about Linux audio ?

Michael Bechard gothmagog at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 7 23:47:44 UTC 2013

>> Inconsistent support for VST/VSTi plugins.

> Paul Davis has already pointed out that this can mean two
> different things. If someone's workflow *really* depends on
> native Windows plugins - repeat *if* repeat *really* - then
> why on earth should such a person want to use Linux ?
> As regards 'native Linux' VST, I don't see the point of it.

I'll counter your question with another one; regardless of a user's workflow, why *wouldn't* we, as LAD's, want to enable as many different kinds of plugins to work on Linux as possible? From a user's perspective, having more choice is just better, and there are *tons* of quality DSP tools out there in the VST format; there's absolutely no down side.

Michael