[LAD] [LAU] jackdbus eating 100% cpu after a while

Florian Paul Schmidt mista.tapas at gmx.net
Sat Feb 9 12:37:40 UTC 2013

On 02/09/2013 01:36 PM, Adrian Knoth wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 09, 2013 at 01:24:22PM +0100, Florian Paul Schmidt wrote:
>
>> I use very large period sizes, 1024 or even 2048. The problem of
>> jackd starting to eat 100% cpu occurs usually when I'm done with my
>> current work (recording something or fiddling around) and just leave
>> it running idly.
> This sounds a bit like denormals.
>
> Which CPU? Just to be sure.
>

> Cheers

Yeah, I thought about denormals, too. But it takes a few hours to kick
in. Never happened with jack1.

processor       : 3
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 16
model           : 10
model name      : AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 960T Processor
stepping        : 0
microcode       : 0x10000bf
cpu MHz         : 800.000
cache size      : 512 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 4
core id         : 3
cpu cores       : 4
apicid          : 3
initial apicid  : 3
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 6
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext
fxsr_opt pdpe1gb rdtscp lm 3dnowext 3dnow constant_tsc rep_good nopl
nonstop_tsc extd_apicid aperfmperf pni monitor cx16 popcnt lahf_lm
cmp_legacy svm extapic cr8_legacy abm sse4a misalignsse 3dnowprefetch
osvw ibs skinit wdt nodeid_msr cpb hw_pstate npt lbrv svm_lock nrip_save
pausefilter
bogomips        : 6000.24
TLB size        : 1024 4K pages
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management: ts ttp tm stc 100mhzsteps hwpstate cpb

Flo

--
Florian Paul Schmidt
http://fps.io