[LAD] simple silence detection tool

Jeremy Hansen jeremy at skidrow.la
Sun Feb 10 07:38:53 UTC 2013

I'm looking for a simple tool where I can point it at an http audio stream, define a number of seconds to detect silence and exit with a non-zero status if silence is detected.  It seems like this should be easy but I've been search high and low for such a utility and nothing simple exists.  Unfortunately I'm not much of a developer, but this doesn't seem like it would be that difficult.  Maybe it's harder than I think, hence no tool that I can find.

Thanks
-jeremy