[LAD] making sense of Jack MIDI; or, is this an appropriate use for Jack?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Feb 16 23:06:46 UTC 2013

On Sat, 16 Feb 2013 23:46:59 +0100, Felix Homann <linuxaudio at showlabor.de>
wrote:
> Am 16.02.2013 23:23 schrieb "Ralf Mardorf" <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net>:
>>
>> "Musical Instrument Digital Interface"
>
> MSC has been an industry standard for 20+ years now. So who cares what
> MIDI
> was meant to be in the eighties? When I am concerned with MIDI it's about
> MSC.

"The format of a Show Control message is as follows:
F0 7F <device_ID> 02 <command_format> <command> <data> F7" - From a link
in the Wiki

If this is all, I didn't read everything, then what's the problem?
I've heard that there could be issues for the length of SysEx for Linux,
but for real-time the amount of SysEx should be limited and apart from
that, I already mentioned that I would like coders to take care about all
kinds of MIDI music issues and this is one of the music issues. Not an
issue for my usage, but an issue for music.