[LAD] Joining LAD and LAU lists (And: more central instances in a "herding-cats" community are good)

Jeremy Jongepier jeremy at autostatic.com
Sun Feb 24 13:06:24 UTC 2013

On 02/23/2013 09:53 PM, Nils Gey wrote:
> Please join the two blog/RSS planets as well (http://www.planet.linuxmusicians.com/,http://linuxaudio.org/planet/  )
I think this is a bad idea, both communities differ and the feeds they
monitor are hence slightly different too. Linux audio is such a niche,
we should be happy to have multiple planets.

> Merge Yoshimi and ZynAddSubFx,
I can't code and only support and cater Mark as much as possible. But
even that is hard as I know so little about the internals of Yoshimi and
I have little time to maintain it.

> and a few audio distributions which have not enough manpower and that can be used to boost the other distributions.
Now there you got a good point. But maintaining an audio distribution is
usually born from two points of view: providing something useful for
end-users or as a means to display ones amazing ability to create a new
distro. And those views are incompatible which has become painfully
clear the last few months on LinuxMusicians.com.
So I won't see it happening as long as the latter point of view still
spawns new distros and its maintainers are simply unwilling to cooperate.

Jeremy