[LAD] avw.lv2 0.1.2: Here they are!

Filipe Lopes falktx at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 18:01:26 UTC 2013

On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 1:39 PM, Aurélien Leblond <blablack at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I just released today a new version of the avw.lv2 plugins.
>
> As a reminder, this project started as a porting of the Alsa Modular Synth
> internal modules to LV2 plugins: VCO, LFO, VCF, etc... Teamed up with
> Ingen, they can be used to create modular synths or analog drum machines
> (but the list is not exhaustive!).
>
> But in the latest versions, the suite saw the addition of a few other
> plugins not coming from AMS:
> - a (very basic) DownSampler that can be used as a filter to degrade the
> sound
> - a Granulator which is a granular effect for real time audio -
> interesting for VCOs, but as well for vocals, guitars or even drums
> - a Beat Repeater and a Beat Slicer: the Beat Repeater would repeat a
> certain number of beats, where the Beat Slicer would repeat randomly beats
> in a bar - again I find them pretty interesting for drums and guitars
>
> They can be downloaded here:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/avwlv2/files/avw.lv2-0.1.2.tar.gz/download
>
> SVN: svn checkout svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/avwlv2/code/trunk avw.lv2
> GIT: git clone https://github.com/blablack/avw.lv2.git
>
> For Ubuntu users, a PPA is available:
> https://launchpad.net/~blablack/+archive/music-prod
>

> Finally, although I have been tested these plugins extensively and wrote
> them to be easy and straight forward to use, please please please provide
> any ideas, feedbacks, bug reports, anything to improve them!
>
> Hope you enjoy them!
>
> Aurélien

Many thanks for those!

I'm currently packaging them for KXStudio, but noticed a small issue.
The samplehold plugin (http://avwlv2.sourceforge.net/plugins/avw/samplehold)
has 2 ports which are not input or output.

code from ttl file:
*        a lv2:AudioPort, lv2:CVPort ;*
        lv2:index 3 ;
        lv2:symbol "output" ;
        lv2:name "Output" ;
        lv2:default 0.0 ;
        lv2:minimum -1.0 ;
        lv2:maximum 1.0 ;
    ] ,    [
*        a lv2:AudioPort, lv2:CVPort ;*
        lv2:index 4 ;
        lv2:symbol "gate" ;
        lv2:name "Gate" ;
        lv2:default 0.0 ;
        lv2:minimum -1.0 ;
        lv2:maximum 1.0 ;

Those 2 should have defined if they are input or output.

thanks again!