[LAD] Linux Audio Architecture

ssm salmin01010 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 16:22:33 UTC 2013

Thanks for your reply. I am working on recording. For now, I am investigating
USB; eventually I will pursue PCI data flow. Just to make sure I understand
your answer - if I set 2 channels, PCM 16 format, RW_INTERLEAVED access type
and overwrite the audio data in the ALSA driver with a pattern like
'12345678..', there is an ALSA component in userspace which will mix the
data from 2 channels as '12123434...'. Can you please tell me exactly which
ALSA component does that?

Thanks!