[LAD] Open-source Band-in-a-Box replacement

Conrad Berhörster conrad.berhoerster at gmx.de
Sun Jun 30 13:25:24 UTC 2013

Hallo Mike,

On Thursday 27 June 2013 08:41:22 Michael Niemeck wrote:

[..]
> what of bars with a chord change on every beat, such as happens often
> in Jazz, especially in turnarounds and the like? The bass player will
> miss every other chord! Sure, you could add a rule like
well  it depence on your "resolution" and your logic. I think  gmorgan can
handle every beat.

> To everyone who made it this far: Thanks for listening ;-)
i think, programming every groove will  complex your situation.
The reasons are (only the first came into mind) :
- you have to recompile the project after updating a groove.
- you have to have knowledge of the source to edit a new groove
- it's a technical and not a musical approach for generating musical data.
- [..]

.A better solution is to define grooves in a interpreter language like lua or
python for a clean "injection" of musical knowledge into the musical system.

Have fun. c~