[LAD] Mixing audio: Implementing pan and balance

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Wed Mar 13 11:33:53 UTC 2013

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 4:16 AM, Tim E. Real <termtech at rogers.com> wrote:

> Took me a while of staring at the 'Panning' picture on Ardour's features
>  page. There's the missing link -  the relative gain you mentioned - which
>  is the slider between the L and R icons.
> If I may refer to that little slider as 'balance'...
>
> I can see how the new panner would work for one channel strips too.

nope.

panners in A3 are modular, and loaded at runtime. a 1in/2out track or bus
uses a different panner than a 2in/2out bus.

all panners in A3 have access to 5 parameters, nominally titled: azimuth,
width, elevation, frontback, lfe. they can use as few or as many as they
want, and can interpret them as they choose.

> Very nice stuff, love the new usage of colours, shading and gradients.

thanks, I wish I did :)