[LAD] Mixing audio: Implementing pan and balance

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Sun Mar 24 11:56:59 UTC 2013

On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 01:57:18AM +0100, Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:

> On 03/23/2013 06:05 PM, Raphaël BOLLEN wrote:
>
> >Awesome, however cpu usage is ~12% on my system when playing silence and
> >drops to ~2% with some audio going through.
>
> smells like a denormals issue.

It sure does, but I can't reproduce it on my P4 based system which is
normally very picky about denormals - CPU load is around 2.5% all the
time. Also checked all parts of the code that could produce denormals:
the HP processing filters, the k-meter and c-meter DSP code, and the
volume controls. All have denormal protection.

* Is the CPU load you mention the one measured by Jack, or some other ?
* Try to find out which controls affect the CPU load. E.g. what happens
when you have a signal but the volume is set to off etc.

Ciao,

--
FA