[LAD] About global way for special application theming, or disvalue of hardcoded theming (was: About lobal way for application theming, or disvalue of hardcoded theming)

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri May 17 13:59:06 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-05-17 at 19:16 +0600, Nikita Zlobin wrote:
> Some cool apps like ardour, guitarix, hybridreverb and probably,
> several more, force to use some specific theme without the ability to
> change it in user-friendly way.

No, today some of us, including myself, learned that we can use those
apps with the desktop default themes :). Paul and Hermann explained what
to do, at least Hermann does explain exactly what to do:

> >  If you don't like the ardour theme, change it or remove them.

> > Themes in guitarix are based on rc files, you just need to wrote
> > one, If you would use your own desctop theme with guitarix, a empty
> > rc file is all you need, install it in the guitarix rc dir and you
> > can use it. guitarix will find and it there and provide the menu
> > entry to select it. required is just the naming scheme "gxX_name.rc"
> > were X is a number.

Perhaps your definition of "user-friendly" does include, that the need
to get this knowledge, isn't user-friendly. At least there's no need to
edit the source and to compile it.