[LAD] NSM support: progress, wishlist

rosea.grammostola rosea.grammostola at gmail.com
Sat May 18 09:46:46 UTC 2013

On 05/15/2013 11:12 PM, David Santamauro wrote:
> On 05/15/2013 02:41 PM, Dan wrote:
>>> To my knowledge (from direct IRC interaction with e.g. torben hohn)
>>> there is
>>> very little interest by the original jack-session devs to continue,
>>> support
>>> and fix it.
>>
>> Just from reading LAD I did not realize that. Is this (de-facto)
>> deprecation documented anywhere?
>>

> Very good question. Where are the tides swelling?

Are you saying that you guys are plain (outside Ladish) Jack-Session users?

I don't think this will get announced officially, Jack-Session is out
there, do with it what you want, but don't expect heavily development on
it like you see with NSM.

By the way, I used Laborejo in NSM today and it used the 'optional GUI'
functionality in the NSM protocol. This is just great! I was thinking a
few days ago 'all those small apps on your desktop is an disadvantage of
one-task-one-tool. You can hide plugin.'
But this hide/show GUI option seems to solve just that!

http://non.tuxfamily.org/nsm/API.html#n:1.2.4.1

Regards,
\r