[LAD] [ANN] New Jack / LV2 Host with socket support

Bruno Gola brunogola at gmail.com
Tue May 28 16:59:43 UTC 2013

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 1:47 PM, Robin Gareus <robin at gareus.org> wrote:
> On 05/28/2013 05:04 PM, Bruno Gola wrote:
>> On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 10:53 AM, Thijs van severen
>> <thijsvanseveren at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> hi all
>>>
>>> a question about this host app:
>>> would this allow me to control the calf LV2 plugins using an external midi
>>> controller ?
>>> (map a midi 'knob' to a LV2 parameter)
>>
>> we have plans to support a midi-mapping feature, but not now :(
>>
>> []'s,
>>

> Can you connect one plugin's control-out to another plugin's control-in?
>
> ..then you could use a LV2 plugin to do the midi-mapping.

well, we just added a new feature called port-monitor where you can
register for changes on any port, then you could do something like
monitor  one plugin's control-out and use param_set to set the
control-in for another plugin, this would work... not the best, but a
hackable option :)

to do this you would need to write a small server (~10 lines of python
code would do it).

in the near future we want to add some kind of automation feature that
would also allow you to use any out-port as input for any in-port.

[]'s,
--
Bruno Gola <brunogola at gmail.com>
http://bgo.la/ | +55 11 9-5552-3599