[LAD] zita1 RIP

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Fri Sep 6 21:39:30 UTC 2013

On Fri, 06 Sep 2013 09:40:39 +0200 Florian Paul Schmidt
<mista.tapas at gmx.net> wrote:
> sure, regular full backups are a great thing. But there's one simple
> thing I like to do especially with code: Setup your repositories on a
> different machine (like a rented root server, or a public hoster like
> github). Then always push your commits regularly (oh, it compiles
> again
> - push it :D). Makes working on different machines easy, too. It's
> simpler than setting up and adhering to a strict backup plan and it's
> naturally incremental and closely tied to the development process.
>
> Reminds me: I have to throw on my full backup again..

Don't do backups! Have them done automatically!

I recommend backuppc, it also "catches" machines that aren't running
24/7.

And when you work with remote repositories (you should), don't forget
to back up these too.

Have fun,

Arnold

PS: No one wants backups. People only want restore.