[LAD] MIDI SysEx "7 (Signed)"

Alex Norman alex at x37v.info
Thu Sep 12 17:54:10 UTC 2013

I don't own a Matrix-1000 but the chroma polaris used a 7 bit 2's complement
system.. which is sort of a pain to map to standard midi controllers.  I assume
you should be able to figure it out by just hooking up a CC slider [or pure
data] and seeing if you hear a jump right around cc value 64.

the chroma polaris manual page 15:
http://www.rhodeschroma.com/content/polaris/midimanual.pdf

Shows a little about the values.. though, its just straight up 2s complement

-5 -> ~(5) + 1 [then zero out the top bit to get a valid midi value].

-Alex