[LAD] Community Interaction and Working Together

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Sep 20 12:26:28 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-09-20 at 12:50 +0100, Harry van Haaren wrote:
> I'd also like to get feedback from users, about what tools are needed
> most: plugins, synths, effects? Yet-Another-DAW?

IMO:
New drivers for audio hardware and more often updates for some existing
drivers. Kernel-rt longtime versions packages for all major distros that
don't cause issues, such as graphic driver troubles.

When reading musician forums:
Seemingly many people are missing fashion software, such as auto-tune
and all the stuff that Live FX does provide. Not a fashion, but for
understandable reasons missing, but wanted by many musicians are
orchestras and choirs like those EastWest stuff, synth like Alchemy etc.
pp..

Especially for me:
A new DAW, Qtractor with the precision and comfort of Ardour2, regarding
to latency compensation and storing and restoring an audio session on
what machine, from what directory ever, not to forget a cancel option
for the editors. Ardour3 isn't what I'm looking for, it should provide a
Qtractor like workflow, but I want exact enough latency compensation and
even if Qtractor would be exact enough (it isn't yet), in addition it
should be possible to switch between different latencies, also
impossible when using Qtractor, the compensation is keept for the
recorded latency when changing the latency. The way things are saved and
restored for Qtracor is a real PITA and that it seems to be impossible
to cancel changes, when leaving an editor.