[LAD] Community Interaction and Working Together

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Sep 20 13:46:30 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-09-20 at 14:36 +0100, John Rigg wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 02:26:28PM +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > When reading musician forums:
> > Seemingly many people are missing fashion software, such as auto-tune
>
> Last time I needed to auto-tune a vocal track I used zita-at1.
> It worked very well.

I know it, but never tested it. Can it do all those disgusting things,
e.g. such as the Black Eyed Peas do? Sometimes it is done nicely, e.g.
by Daft Punk, while I don't listen to their music, it anyway is ok. Can
it be used to auto-tune the news etc.? I guess those auto-tune folks
want to use it as a real effect processor, comparable to a vocoder and
others want to make speech singing.

Btw. while I'm comfortable with the existing Linux vocoders, I
understand that some folks are missing a lot for the ones available for
Linux.