[LAD] Community Interaction and Working Together

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Sep 20 16:12:21 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-09-20 at 17:44 +0200, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
> On 20-09-13 15:46, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > I know it, but never tested it. Can it do all those disgusting things,
> > e.g. such as the Black Eyed Peas do? Sometimes it is done nicely, e.g.
> > by Daft Punk, while I don't listen to their music, it anyway is ok. Can
> > it be used to auto-tune the news etc.?
>
> Yes that's all possible, an example:
> http://downloads.autostatic.com/music/pneuman-move_along_dj_autostatic_remix.ogg
> The vocals of that remix are completely done with Rubberband and
> Zita-AT1. I wasn't satisfied with the end result so I think I think I've
> never posted it here.

Indeed, I suspect that this is what the hardcore auto-tune crowed does
need. Btw. for your song it's similar as for Daft Punk, it does sound
nice, nothing bad with this song regarding to composition, arrangement
and usage of auto-tune. Just the mix is disgusting. Some might think
that your singing isn't good, but it's just a matter of mix to fix this
and to be honest, IMO just "todaaaay" with normal voice, than with head
voice might be more pleasant. However, I don't know what auto-tune does
provide and I also don't know what Zita-AT1 does provide.

Regards,
Ralf