[LAD] Hydrogen - hihat foot pedal control

Sebastian Moors mauser at smoors.de
Sun Apr 27 18:19:29 UTC 2014

Aurélien Leblond wrote:

> Hello Sebastian,
>
> A few weeks ago when discussed on the LAD a few enhancements for
> Hydrogen, one of them was to be able to switch between open, half-open
> and closed hihat samples when playing with the hihat foot control on
> an E-Drum.
>
> In this fork https://github.com/blablack/hydrogen I worked out the
> basic backend solution:
> - instruments can be set to be part of a hihat
> - if they are, they have a range associated that say to what level of
> foot control pressure they react
> - in the midi_input class, when a 'note on' is received, the method
> will check if the instrument is a hihat,  check the foot pressure and
> change the note played to the one of the right hihat instrument if needed
>
> I still need to modify the GUI (at the moment I need to change the xml
> of the drumkit to be able to set that up), but if you could have a
> look at this to give me some feedback that would be great.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Aurélien

Hi Aurélien!

This looks great! I have no midi pedal here to make a "real" test, but
the code looks good. I'm not sure if the gui should stay this way or if
we should reorganise all midi settings in a complete new window/dialog,
but it is a pretty good for the moment. I will merge it as soon as the
next release candidate is released and a new development path (for whats
becoming 0.9.7) has been created.

Best regards,
Sebastian