[LAD] First release of zita-njbridge

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Wed Aug 6 09:03:43 UTC 2014

On Tue, Aug 05, 2014 at 09:57:28PM -0500, Reuben Martin wrote:

> I've had very little use for netjack, so I'm not very familiar with it's
> limitations, but I can only assume it was not sufficient for your use case. So
> out of curiosity, what was the motivation behind creating this?

Zita-njbridge is not some 'improved' netjack, it's something
very different.

The motivation was to able to make audio connections between
any number of systems without creating masters/slave relation-
ships. Systems connected via njbridge remain fully independent,
it's similar to have analog connections between them.

Ciao,

--
FA