[LAD] [LAU] Ardour MIDI tracer

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sat Aug 16 13:30:51 UTC 2014

On Saturday 16 August 2014 06:49:59 Dennis Schulmeister did opine
And Gene did reply:
> On Sat, 16 Aug 2014 11:32:06 +0200
>
> Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> > there always is loud
> > audible digital noise what ever slot I use. I experience/d the same
> > with my TerraTec PCI cards on this machine and with my old mobo.
>
> All computers do that. Just put a DI-box with ground lift between your
> audio interface and the speakers and the noise is gone.
>
> Dennis

And get someone electrocuted. That doesn't happen on my watch because
they'll never get it plugged in, I would not allow it.  There are several
ways to fix a noise inducing ground loop, but a ground lift adapter is not
one of them.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)