[LAD] [LAU] Ardour MIDI tracer

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Aug 16 16:01:12 UTC 2014

A DI-box with transformers galvanically isolates, but I won't discuss
ground loops and ground lifts.

Isn't the digital noise audible regarding to electric smog inside the
computer?

Hm? By a short test I couldn't hear the digital noise from an ADA8000
output (but mains hum and/or a ground loop is audible from the ADA8000
[1]). The digital noise seems to come only from the RME PCIe card's
analog IOs.

Anyway, I mentioned this kind of noise, because many computer home
studios suffer from this noise and MIDI data caused by pitch bend could
become audible, while controllers that send less data usually aren't
audible.

Regards,
Ralf

[1] I get this hum from analog audio only from some Behringer equipment,
one device was repaired by Behringer, there are no issues with gear from
other vendors.