[LAD] Half-OT: Fader mapping - was - Ardour MIDI tracer

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Aug 24 17:43:04 UTC 2014

On Sun, 2014-08-24 at 18:48 +0200, hermann meyer wrote:
> Am 24.08.2014 05:29, schrieb Ralf Mardorf:
> >   It was a big difference to non-tube gear. No
> > EQ, no Guitarix & Co. can compare with the Hughes & Kettner tube preamp.
> Remains me on a situation several years ago.
> I travel around in Turkey, visit a local market, to buy some food. The
> women behind the stand pray to me her eggplants, I say, no, thanks, I
> didn't like how they taste. She says, " If you don't know how to handle
> them, then they wouldn't be tasteful, but if you do it right, they are
> delicious."
> She told me how to make it, and up to today, I love to prepare eggplants
> for my dinner.

Reminds me of effects that emulate tube microphones. Plug in your Sure
SM58, select Brauner VM1 and an algorithm will generate everything
missing by the SM58, based on the information provided by the SM58. This
on the other hand reminds me of Jerry Bruckheimer and Co.'s scientific
soaps. An observation camera shows somebody from behind and the digital
forensics guys use an algorithm that calculates the view showing the
face of the person, whose face wasn't recorded. Preparing an eggplant is
easy to do, handling algorithms faking abilities also is easy to do.