[LAD] Half-OT: Fader mapping - was - Ardour MIDI tracer

hermann meyer brummer- at web.de
Sun Aug 24 18:57:36 UTC 2014

Am 24.08.2014 20:46, schrieb Ralf Mardorf:
> On Sun, 2014-08-24 at 20:23 +0200, hermann meyer wrote:
>> Am 24.08.2014 19:43, schrieb Ralf Mardorf:
>>> This
>>> on the other hand reminds me of Jerry Bruckheimer and Co.'s scientific
>>> soaps. An observation camera shows somebody from behind and the digital
>>> forensics guys use an algorithm that calculates the view showing the
>>> face of the person, whose face wasn't recorded. Preparing an eggplant is
>>> easy to do, handling algorithms faking abilities also is easy to do.
>> That just shows you will, and I mean you will, not you could,
>> never understand the scientific behind tube emulation, and modular
>> emulation of hardware gear.
> Winfried Knobloch "Röhrentechnik ganz modern" Pflaum Verlag München ISBN
> 3-7905-0660-5. IIRC around 20 years ago a former friend released some
> notes about this topic in the VDT-Magazin, IIRC he at least has given a
> talk at a Tonmeistertagung about it. Anyway, I experienced that
> recording an e. guitar from an elCheapo transistor amp with an elCheapo
> microphone at low volumes (when living in a rental apartment) always
> sounds better, than tube amp and speaker emulations, just the Hughes &
> Kettner tube preamp was amazing, when connecting the guitar directly to
> the mixer. Guitarix and all proprietary simulations sometimes can be
> used, but usually even a Boss CS-3 or Boss OD-2, a parametric EQ
> provided by the mixer and e.g. a SPX90II early reflection already beats
> Zoom, Guitarix and friends. YMMV! Why are Marshall stacks not replaced
> by Zoom, Guitarix and friends directly connected to the PA?

Exact the answer I expected from you, and, sorry, but I haven't the
time, nor any fun in explain to you how to use guitarix, just, leave it
behind you and, do me a pleasure, delete all your guitarix stuff and
didn't talk about it anymore, PLEASE. Talk about Guitar Rig, or what
ever you use, but stop talking about stuff you didn't use nor understand
to use.

best
hermann