[LAD] DIY Drum Booth

Dennis Schulmeister linux-audio-dev at windows3.de
Sat Dec 6 12:07:41 UTC 2014

Hi Gerald,

On Wed, 03 Dec 2014 20:53:21 +0100
Gerald <gerald.mwangi at gmx.de> wrote:

> I'm interested the
> Physics of room acoustics and would like to first understand the problem
> theoretically (that means the math). I want to understand the
> distribution of the acoustic modes of a given room in order to
> optimize/minimize their amplitude, as well as the
> reverberation/reflection aspects of different materials.

I found the book "Studio Akustik - Konzepte für besseren Klang" by
Andreas Friesecke a good text on that topic. The math is well explained
and it has a lot of practical advice four building your own recording
space. Although the author assumes you want to build a semi-commercial
recording studio. The book is in German but I guess you won't mind. :-)

Dennis