[LAD] [ANN] GUI toolkit and 2 audio applications, also for Android

W.Boeke w.boeke at upcmail.nl
Thu Feb 6 09:24:22 UTC 2014

Oops! The missing xml files are included now. Please download the new tar.gz file, because the correct AndroidManifest.xml file is containing one essential line which makes the cummunication with the
USB keyboard more robust.

The Nexus7 indeed is classified as non-low latency, although the criterium for this is not quite clear. Anyhow, the audio buffer is 512 samples, as reported by
getProperty(AudioManager.PROPERTY_OUTPUT_FRAMES_PER_BUFFER)
This is not bad, it will yield a max audio latency of 11.6 ms. The rest of the audio chain is hardware-accellerated (using OpenSL). In older versions of the Android OS (pre-KitKat) the main latency
originated from the USB connection to the MIDI keyboard, and the overall latency was worse than under Linux. But now, the persieved Android latency is better than the Linux one! (at least on my system).

Wouter Boeke