[LAD] NetJack question

Adrian Knoth adi at drcomp.erfurt.thur.de
Mon Feb 24 12:13:07 UTC 2014

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 11:58:21AM -0000, David J Myers wrote:

> I need to take the audio input from my sound hardware on one Linux box, send
> it over the network to a second Linux box and play it back on the second box
> sound hardware.

Yes. Using the latest jackd1 release will make this easier, however,
you can also go for whatever your distribution has available.

Basically, you run

   $ jackd -d alsa

on the first box and

   $ jackd -d net

on the second. If you have jackd2, it would be "netone", not "net".

You then use Fons' zita-ajbridge on the second machine to connect to
your physical I/O. (they replace the older alsa_in/out tools)

The latest jackd1 can do the last two steps in one step.

Maybe netjack2 is also an option for you. Go for whatever works.

Cheers

--
mail: adi at thur.de  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP/GPG: key via keyserver