[LAD] Audio Levitation

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Jan 3 20:07:45 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-01-03 at 20:21 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Fri, 2014-01-03 at 20:02 +0100, Arnold Krille wrote:
> > On Fri, 3 Jan 2014 16:00:16 +0000 Fons Adriaensen <fons at linuxaudio.org>
> > wrote:
> > > BTW, 120 db SPL is also around 1 W / m^2, so harvesting energy from
> > > sound panels (similar to solar panels) is another idea that won't
> > > go far.
> >
> > I like your wording here:-) Especially considering the fact that sound
> > distributes spherical. So the energy looses in r^3... afair.
>
> No, the power given to a surface is measured in m² and not m³. But I
> don't reply because of the m² vs m³.
>
> Consider another planet, with another gravitation ;).
>
> "Not so much before it becomes really dangerous and unpractical." - Fons
>
> Same molecules in the air as we have here on or mother planet, by less
> mass of the planet, moon, asteroid ;).
>
> It's possible to go more than just one step further, without becoming
> really dangerous ;).
>
> Regards,
> Ralfi

PS:

If we wear something to protect our lungs (and ears) we could go much,
much further and humans could levitate by sound waves. The real problem
are or lungs, grenades and other evil shit kill humans regarding to the
pressure, our lungs are unable to stand this, less people are killed by
splinter.