[LAD] ardour3 in Debian testing

Adrian Knoth adi at drcomp.erfurt.thur.de
Wed Jan 8 00:47:39 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 07, 2014 at 05:35:31PM -0500, Paul Davis wrote:

> > Sorry, I started to investigate myself - I think this is caused
> > by "tools/session_exchange.py"
> this is broken for ardour3 (some interested person could fix it and then
> get into the whole SeX (Session Exchange) idea.

I thought so, too. I've removed the dependency, next upload will no
longer cause python-gtk2 and python-twisted to be installed:

--- cut ---
 # Needed always/often/sometimes at runtime
-CDBS_DEPENDS_ALL = python, python-twisted, python-gtk2, jackd
+CDBS_DEPENDS_ALL = jackd
--- paste ---

> there is also tools/synthesize_sources.pl which appears to create a perl
> dependency but (a) is for developers debugging issues (b) is also broken
> for ardour3.

According to <http://packages.debian.org/sid/ardour3>, there is no perl
dependency. Which makes sense, since the python stuff was explicitly
requested and not automatically triggered.

Cheers

--
mail: adi at thur.de  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP/GPG: key via keyserver