[LAD] Releasing source code is not enough, I think...

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Jan 21 16:07:24 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-01-21 at 15:55 +0000, Filipe Coelho wrote:
> I'd be tempted to remove what I just installed, but not all software
> comes with a "make uninstall".

But that should be provided, if it shouldn't be provided, then taking a
look to the makefile might give some hints what was installed to what
location. Btw. it can't harm to at least try checkinstall instead of
make install, this is possible most of the times.

> So crap... I had broken app X and I didn't knew how to fix it or to
> revert to the previous condition...

Restoring from a backup? Even non-techie (non-power-users) should
consider to backup their complete Linux DAWs and data.