[LAD] [LAU] [LAA] Guitarix 0.30.0 released

hermann meyer brummer- at web.de
Sun Jul 6 14:48:23 UTC 2014

Am 05.07.2014 14:33, schrieb hermann meyer:
> The Guitarix developers proudly present
>
> Guitarix release 0.30.0
>
>  (Web UI not included in the distributed tar ball).

And as well SpecMatch isn't included in the release tar ball.
You may ask, What the hell is SpecMatch? Well, it is for those of yours
who like to play around more with Impulse Response Convolution.
SpecMatch is a tool which generate a Impulse Response file by compare
the spectrum of a reference file with the guitarix output, as played by
you, or by a 2. reference file.
SpecMatch do remote control guitarix, it starts guitarix and load the
generated IR-file into the convolver. You can fiddle with the guitarix
settings (needed for the non-linear parts (distortion) ) and generate a
new IR-file, compare the results, play along, etc. as long the result
suits your needs. If so, you could "deploy" the IR-file, to save it
permanent, otherwise, all get lost in the /tmp dir. :-P
This is a "maybe easy" way to reproduce the sound of a special
amp/cabinet, or the sound of a band which you will match. Main focus of
this tool is, as usual for guitarix, the "Metal Side of the Rock", but,
it will work for the "clean sound" as well.
More about this tool you could find here:
http://guitarix.sourceforge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4508&sid=1109d43602d7abe93aa9692efa55396d

However, as said, it isn't included in the release tar ball, so to get
it, you need to check out our git repository.

Rock On
hermann