[LAD] midi controlers

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Jul 13 14:07:27 UTC 2014

On Sun, 2014-07-13 at 06:27 -0700, Len Ovens wrote:
> I missadjusted track 8 to record 10db down so
> there was less crosstalk from the smpte track to audio.

AFAIK even a few drop-outs don't cause issues, I at least was able to
record the SMPTE track that low, that there wasn't audible crosstalk on
a Yamaha MT44D 4 track cassette recorder and using Dolby C also didn't
cause issues for the SMPTE code. It's wise to use the first or the last
track just in case there should be crosstalk and the track next to the
SMPTE track should be used to record loud audio signals, that need less
dynamic and that have less rests.